As a robotics development engineer you will be involved in transferring technology from research papers to real world solutions. You will be expected to keep up to date with the current developments in the world of robotics software and hardware. Bulk of your work will involve writing and optimizing software but the ability to understand how mechanical, electronics and software work in a robotic system is also expected.
Day to day activities
- Writing ROS/ROS2 code towards creating robot applications.
- Working on these technologies - planning, controls, localization, system-engineering, driver development, simulations.
- Remotely deploying the code on to robots, provide support in operating and tuning these systems.
You are a right fit for this position if you
- Have experience and are skilled in - C++/Python, ROS (ROS2 is a big plus), Gazebo sim, Git and Docker.
- Enjoy working on a diverse set of technologies and problem statements, sometimes simultaneously.
- Can take ownership and responsibility for your work.
- Have a proven track record of working with autonomous robots - be it in your current career occupation, or if you did extraordinarily at your college's robotics club/society.
- Have excellent communication skills - it is just as important to communicate your ideas as it is to have them in the first place.
- Possess a strong appetite to learn more.
What does this position offer you?
- Opportunity to work with an amazing team of like-minded engineers.
- Growth as a robotics developer - you'll be learning new things everyday with regards to core technologies such as localization/navigation algorithms, best practices in robot software development and more general aspects of how a start-up functions.
- An arsenal of robots to build for - you'll get a chance to work on development for wheeled robots, drones and even boats!
- Solving problems that matter - we work on concrete problems in robotics and use the best resources in literature, along with our expertise in applied engineering to solve those problems.
- You'll learn what goes into taking an idea from the whiteboard to a marketable product.
- Direct Exposure to clients and aspects of project management.
- Competitive salary - you’ll be well compensated for your time and effort.
How to apply for this position?
If you find yourself aligned with the role on offer, and believe have what it takes to join us. Please apply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as [BlackCoffeeRDE: <YourName>]. Along with your application, also include an answer to the following -
Which past project of yours are you most proud of, and why?